I believe that knowledge and understanding is an important part of therapy. I use psycho-education to help you learn more about your mind-body connection. You discover ways to calm your nervous system, increase self regulation skills and ground in the present moment.
I utilise a holistic mind-body approach, including Attachment Theory, Internal Family Systems, Somatic Experiencing, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and deep mindfulness. I help you discover the unique resources that work for you.
I guide you to access your inner wisdom to heal early wounds and achieve trauma resolution. You experience deeper personal connection, improved communication and more fulfilling relationships.
I work with clients locally and internationally, in both individual and group settings including telehealth.
I’m a member of the International Association of Trauma Professionals and Australian Counselling Association.
What to expect in therapy
- Provide a safe and supportive environment.
- Encourage you to be yourself and share your thoughts and emotions.
- Offer a range of scientifically validated, trauma-sensitive, modalities and practices.
- Believe in collaboration and working together.
- Work with you to promote empowerment and choice.
- Take notes during our sessions.
- Offer In-person & online sessions & work with people locally and internationally.
- Continually update my knowledge and skills.
- Ask you to re-live your traumatic experiences or engage in re-traumatising practises.
- Focus on “What is wrong with you?”, but rather “How did you adapt because of what happened to you?”
- Believe that I know you better than you do. “As no one else can know how we perceive, we are the best experts on ourselves.” (Rogers, 1961)
- Tell you what to do.
- Force you to do anything you don’t want to do.
- Believe in quick-fix or band-aid solutions.